March: two local events:
-As guest speaker at Springfield ABA Group, on 'Low supply: Am I running out of milk?', 1st March 2019.
- As keynote speaker at the ABA South Brisbane workshop for counsellors, on the importance of providing support ('the right advice from the right person at the right time') for mothers who are breastfeeding, 30 March.
July: I shall be speaking in a concurrent session at the AMIRCI conference in Sydney 10-12 July.
In 2018 I spoke at two conferences:
- the wholly online iLactation Conference in September-November. (My one-hour presentation was on improving counselling skills, including using the new techologies.)
- the LCANZ Conference in Adelaide in October. (I spoke twice in concurrent sessions on: on valuing women's milk, and also on marketing issues.)
I spoke at the following events in 2014-2017:
- 10 September. ABA Regional Workshop, Ipswich/West Moreton. (My 1-hour presentation discussed correct use of words in an historical context.)
- 13-16 July. AMIRCI Conference at the City campus of the RMIT University in Melbourne. (I presented on correct use of words in relation to breastfeeding.)
- 7-8 October. Conference of Lactation Consultants of Australia and New Zealand (LCANZ), Melbourne. (I presented on preventing painful latch.)
- 6-8 March. Lactation Consultants of Australia & New Zealand (LCANZ). Brisbane.
- April-May. GOLD15 online breastfeeding conference, from 13 April to 1 June.
'I listened to your excellent presentation "Latch problems arising from mothers' response to anticipated pain" this year at the Gold Conference and found the info very practical, and useful. Your extensive experience and passion in this field made your presentation a delight to listen to. I started to used some of your ideas/suggestions in my practice.'
Patricia, Public Health Nurse (with permission)