Are you a breastfeeding mother, the father of a breastfeeding baby, or soon to welcome a baby into your family?
This website provides contact details and information about the services Virginia provides for
- the parents of breastfeeding babies and
- health care professionals seeking breastfeeding education
* Virginia is now available for online consultations on Sage.fm, even if you are unable to travel for consultations, e.g. in another region, state, or country. Click on the link on the left to talk to her using this new, secure conversation platform.
* HEATWAVE! With a heatwave forecast for most of Queensland in the coming week, please go to my blog for ideas on keeping your baby cool and looking after yourself as regards your fluid needs. You will find several posts there on these topics.
*In December I received the news that I had successfully recertified by exam for another 5 years, to 2021. International Board Certified Lactation Consultants have mandatory recertification every fifth year, ensuring we stay up-to-date in knowledge and skills.
* If you book an appointment and cannot attend, please let me know 24 hours in advance as another mother may be waiting for an appointment.
Also on this website you will find:
- Short articles (as FAQs) - on topics parents want to know
- Links to useful websites.
- For instance
*** when to start solids
*** guidelines for infant feeding and allergy prevention
- Posts include weather-related information for the often severe summer in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere, with tips for caring for your baby and yourself.
- Information about conferences where Virginia spoke in 2015-2017
If you still have my old email address, please note:
For CORRECT email contact, see 'Contact Us'.